Saturday, 21 June 2008

Golden Silvers - 'The Arrows of Eros'

So, after my first attempt to write a vaguely mean review, the song 'My Drive Thru' has grown on me immensely, and basically I love it. How embarrassing.
Therefore I'm back to writing gushing reviews about songs I immediately love, and that is very much the case with the London-based band, Golden Silvers' debut single, 'Arrows of Eros'. Well, at least, as far as I'm aware it's their debut. My friend recommended them to me upon seeing them in Oxford supporting Mystery Jets recently, informing me that she wanted to marry the guy with the 'tache.
A seductive bassline with a lot of groove and, oh my; that yummy, squelchy synth adding a twinkly '80s glam feel. Top it all with playful yet assured vocals which are a dazzling concoction of Ed Larrikin mixed with Frank Zappa and you've got this really fantastic song.
'Arrows of Eros' is released on Young and Lost Club on July 14th, pre-order it HERE.
P.S. GCSEs are over, so expect more frequent posting.

No comments: