Sunday, 26 July 2009

Amazing Acoustics: Bombay Bicycle Club

Due to my great love of acoustic and folk music I thought I'd make it a regular feature to just randomly post up lovely acoustic videos/tracks whenever I chance upon them.
One of the albums I was gutted didn't make the Mercury shortlist this year was the fantastic, 'I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose' by Bombay Bicycle Club. It's one of those deftly crafted albums that just soars and shimmers and, ultimately, leaves a resounding impression on the listener. So this, my first post under the 'Amazing Acoustics' feature, showcases the band's fantastic, fantastic talent, finding them performing a stripped-down version of single, 'Dust On The Ground' in the beautiful, dappled sunlight:
(recommended: watch it on a bigger screen if you can)
Buy 'I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose' HERE.

1 comment:

Hanan said...

this is an insanely good video. I'm about to update the post I just did on this band and include it.