Monday, 30 August 2010

Wait for me to try and get it together

Bear with me, I will actually get going on this whole blogging thing again soon. Essentially I need to sort out the next year of my life, but I'm hoping it'll all come together sometime soon.
In the meantime, check out the Surfer Blood session on Daytrotter - dark disappointment disguised in the heady anticipation of summery lightness, these guys are just too good.
P.S. Please tell me you've watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World? It's an absolutely epic film, with a kick-ass soundtrack, and if you haven't yet you should really go and watch it, even if just for the wonderful satirical look at garage bands - "We are Sex Bob-Omb! We're here to make you sad and think about death and stuff." I'm in lesbians with this movie.

2 comments:

Hanan said...

I'm in lesbians with it too! haven't been this impressed with a film since I went to see Star Trek after smoking a bunch of weed. the explosions were excellent.

Tara said...

Yes, it was so good! I'm trying to pick one thing to mention that I liked in the film, but there's just too much... Star Trek must have been insane on weed - I mean, I was entirely sober when I watched it, and I still thought it was incredible haha.

I also really liked Adventureland if you've seen that? They're all weirdly obsessed with Lou Reed, but then again so am I, and it was a surprisingly cool film.