Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Kind of a Big Deal

I always mean to write about North Londoners, Pull In Emergency, because they are just so good (and also because I want to cite that incredible quote about them; "I'd pull them even if it wasn't an emergency"), but for whatever reason I never seem to get around to it.

A lovely duo called Big Deal, made up of kc Underwood and Alice Costelloe (the latter the crazy good guitarist of Pull In Emergency), released their debut single 'Homework' on Monday and while I may have taken a while getting around to mentioning Pull In Emergency, I will waste no time in telling you that 'Homework' is amazing.



Tranquil, poetic, delicate, hazy; filled with a naivety and innocence that is wonderfully refreshing,  Big Deal have made some truly beautiful and surprisingly powerful music.

'13' (Big Star Cover) - Big Deal   (thanks to Abeano Music for the mp3)

Buy 'Homework' here.

No comments: