Monday, 17 January 2011

Belated acknowledgement of 2011


Sorry it's been so long; hope you've all had lovely festive times and the year so far is going well.  I still haven't quite processed that it's a new year but nonetheless I'm very excited for what's coming up in 2011.  Hell, I'm not even averse to Jessie J, because if Justin Timberlake likes her then so do I (this rule doesn't apply to Cameron Diaz; we'll agree to disagree on that one bbz).

Film-wise we get an adaptation of one of my favourite beautifully devastating books (Never Let Me Go) which involves Andrew Garfield so that's clearly going to be a little bit amazing.  And Deathly Hallows Part 2?  I mean, need I say anymore?

Through the title of my blog, however, you may have realised that I lean towards the more musical matters, so musically what am I excited for this year?

THE STROKES IV.  Don't pretend you're not excited, you hipster joker.

Plus, Bombay Bicycle Club's next album which will see a return to electric, and further offerings from the likes of Arctic Monkeys, The Horrors and Wild Beasts.  And I'm hoping to see an album from my favourite new band of last year, the wonderful Summer Camp.

On that note it's worth considering that Summer Camp were a group who rose from seemingly nowhere - a group I'd not expected to start liking when 2010 began.  More than all the predictions and tips for 2011, what I'm really looking forward to is being blown-away by artists and musical territories that I've yet to anticipate or explore.  I've been privileged enough to be chosen as a judge for the Glastonbury Emerging Talent competition, alongside some amazing bloggers, and through that process I'm hoping to discover some lovely new sounds this year.

Did I mention The Strokes' fourth album?

No comments: