Tuesday, 21 June 2011

B.O.H.E.M.I.A.N


I've written the title of Australian retro-pop musician, Joel Sarakula's debut UK single with all the full-stops in-between because if you liked the simple but appeasing jauntiness of Noah and the Whale's 'L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N' or indeed The Kinks' 'Lola', then I think you might just like this song.

'Bohemian' is out on Art Parade Records on July 4th, and you should definitely give it a try if you want a hearty, old-fashioned pop song that grows on you with each listen.  Extra points for the very pretty instrumentation.  Oh, and no: I have no idea what's going on the video.


P.S. if any of you Bohemians are heading out to Glastonbury right now, you need to go and check out the MSF Live events; there'll be all sorts of exciting live performances (Ed Sheeran, True Tiger, Example, Treetop Flyers to name a few) and also an amazing insight into the incredible frontline work that the people at MSF do, including an interactive cholera treatment centre which I imagine will be very poignant.  If you have the time to spare, do go and give it a look!

No comments: