Monday, 26 September 2011

Little Green Cars

My recent silence has been because I've started university - or 'college', as they call it here in Dublin.  To mark my move to pastures new, here's a band of Dublin teenagers as recommended to me by one of my flatmates.  Little Green Cars make sublime, folky, bluegrass music sometimes topped off with soulful, mesmerising, Florence-esque vocals which are made all the more intense by the spooky but powerful harmonies and peaceful lyricism.  If you like Arcade Fire's 'Funeral' then I think you'll really like this band.

You can listen to their SoundCloud here, which includes tracks like their single 'The John Wayne' which has a really beautiful refrain of "it's easy to fall in love with you", and the surprisingly jaunty yet dramatic B-side, 'Glass Case'.  I could go on - all of their songs are really very good, and so in short you absolutely need to listen to this lovely band.

Little Green Cars' single 'The John Wayne' is out on the wonderful Young and Lost Club and you can buy it here.

No comments: