Friday, 16 December 2011

I'm just trying to find, a mountain I can climb

It's getting to that time of year where bloggers round up their favourite music of the year in a list of sorts, and - as always - I'm standardly too lazy to do the same thing.  However, I will be posting when I can about some of the songs and artists that have impressed me this year, and as such it shouldn't be any surprise that The Strokes are figuring into this - say what you will, 'Angles' was a very exciting album to add to the band's oeuvre, and bright and breezy opening track 'Machu Picchu' was particularly delectable.

Foster the People have also been massively raved about these past twelve months, and whereas I'd usually be inclined to steer clear of the hype, 'Pumped Up Kicks' was easily one of the best songs of the year with it's propulsive beats and ridiculously euphoric chorus.

So, fittingly, here's Foster the People covering 'Machu Picchu':

2 comments:

spiky said...

visiting with smile. :)

christianna said...

Hey, I lovee your blog. Your blog is very creative. Keep up the good work. I will soon be your newest follower. I would appreciate if you came to see my 2 blogs, Being real in a plastic world and Just Fashion. Thanks again(: